Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

MMA

Conor McGregor Breaks Silence on UFC Event With Surprising Statement

Photo: Wikimedia Commons

Conor McGregor has finally spoken out regarding UFC 300 after it appeared he wouldn’t be included on the lineup.

The much-anticipated comeback of the Irish fighter seemed guaranteed to lead the event on April 13, following discussions about his match with Michael Chandler not occurring in 2023.

Despite McGregor’s eager requests to be part of the milestone event, it seems UFC had other plans for their leading star.

Despite his disappointment, McGregor has not refrained from praising the lineup.

“I love it! They done a tremendous job under difficult timing. [‘m] highly impressed. Some absolute cracking fights on the card,” he said according to The Sun during a recent Q&A.

McGregor, aged 35, had previously announced that his highly awaited match against the popular Chandler would be on June 29 last year.

Contrary to McGregor’s announcement, Dana White, the UFC president and CEO, clarified that McGregor would not return until at least fall.

Nevertheless, McGregor remains adamant that he will be the main event at UFC 303, marking the end of International Fight Week.

When asked by Adam’s Apple when his next is happening, he said: “June 29.”.

When further pressed on the date being official, McGregor said: “Yeah, call that!”

McGregor has not been in the octagon for more than three years due to breaking his leg in a fight against Dustin Poirier.

It suggests that the Irish superstar plans to make a comeback this summer, at least according to his own claims, but UFC has not yet confirmed this.

You May Also Like

Football

Ahead of a potential move, Victor Osimhen has subtly indicated his interest in joining Manchester United. Following Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s acquisition of a minority...

Tennis

Fans gave Simona Halep a warm welcome as the Romanian made her return to tennis at the Miami Open following a completed doping suspension,...

Athletics

Peter Sagan thought he had moved past the shock after undergoing heart surgery in February. However, it turns out that there are still issues....

Football

In a shocking development that has rippled through the football world, Carlo Ancelotti, the esteemed head coach of Real Madrid, finds himself at the...